What you see here is DanteWontDie
's digital art for an Alice Madness Returns FanArt book
with an overlay of rainmeter skins to add a little movement and display information on your desktop .
You will need the latest beta version of Rainmeter to run these skins. Get it from here: [Link]
The skins have the same functionality as those in the Cogs, Tubes and Gauges collection
, I have simply modified the surrounds and added a few props to help them blend a little better with ~DanteWontDie's artwork.
This included bits from the AMA Icon Set
The skins in the package are:
- Analog clock (left-click to change the clock face but you won't get rid of Alice) - watch for the steam emission every minute.
- System info with a gauge showing overall CPU usage, individual bars for up to 8 cores and smaller gauges for RAM and SWAP memory usage.
- Network activity showing upload and download speeds along with the ping return time and wifi signal strength.
- Volume control - trumpet and skull to the right of 5-Clubs. Use the mouse scroll wheel to adjust the system volume or left-click to mute.
- Gauges for used space on 1-4 hard drives (gratuitous pendulum thingamebob for one or two disks).
- Weather skin with analog gauges for temperature, barometric pressure and wind direction. Click the forecast icon for a 72-hour forecast from the Weather Channel.
- uTorrent tracker using Lua script adapted from LuaTorrent 3.1
- RSS/Atom feedreader built around Kaelri
's Reader.lua script
. Feed items are sorted by date/time and anything less than an hour old is bulleted. The neat little selector animation uses Kaelri's Universal Transitions script
. The crawling ants are there to let you know that you've changed page or the feeds have been refreshed.
- Music Player using poiru
's NowPlaying plugin that works with a variety of media players. You can find the full list of supported players and the PlayerName codes here
- Skin Launcher for the FeedReader, Weather, Network, Music Player and uTorrent skins.
NOTE: The Skin Launcher is just below the Day/Date playing card on the right. Clicking the settings icon on the far right will open a text file (UserVariables.inc) where user settings like the weather code, the type of music player and the RSS feed URLs can be changed.
I've included wallpaper for a 1920x1080 screen. If you have a different screen resolution I recommend you download the original 2079 x 1404 version from DanteWontDie's post
and re-size it using a 'constrain proportions' setting to fit your screen.
If you have any suggestions or questions concerning the skins, you can contact me on the Rainmeter forums